The Secret Weapon For Dealing With Dry Skin
Sick of trying to deal with dry skin?
Well, we've got a secret weapon that might just help you with all the hydration your dry skin needs.
Want to know what it is?
Then, read on to find out…
The Secret Weapon For Dealing With Dry Skin
When you are dealing with dry skin, the go-to solution is usually to reach for your trusty moisturiser. There is no denying that moisturiser is a great product for hydrating your skin. But many people don’t know that there is a way that you can make your moisturiser even more effective.
We call it our hydration secret weapon, but it’s actually a common product that either gets forgotten or disregarded in a skincare routine. So, what is it?
Well, if you want to maximise the effectiveness of your skincare, you should introduce a Toner into your routine.
What Does Toner Do?
Toner is a liquid skincare product that can supercharge your skincare routine, maximising the benefits of all the other products you are using.
Here’s what it does:
- Cleans: Your cleanser will do most of the heavy lifting in the cleaning department, but toner can help to remove any remaining traces of makeup or dirt that your cleanser may have missed. Using toner creates a completely clean skin surface, leaving it ready to absorb other products.
- Exfoliates: Many exfoliators are harsh to use on your face, stripping away the things your skin needs to stay healthy. Using a toner is a gentle way to remove excess skin oils and unclog your pores.
- Hydrates: Toners like Stay Clear use ingredients like Betaine, Glycerin and Manuka Honey to add moisture to your skin, hydrating it at every step of your skincare routine.
- Minimises breakouts: Breakouts don’t have to be something you put up with. A toner like Stay Clear includes Manuka Oil and bio-active Totarol which help control breakouts by inhibiting acne-causing bacteria.
- Balances pH levels: Your skin naturally has a pH level that allows it to function properly. Maintaining that level is crucial for healthy skin. pH balance can be disrupted by a number of things, including your cleanser. A toner can help to restore your skin’s natural pH balance.
- Prepares your skin: Perhaps the most important job a toner performs in the fight against dry skin is that it prepares your skin for the next stages of skincare. Applying toner can help your skin better absorb subsequent treatments like serums and moisturisers. It creates a slightly damp skin surface that allows hydrating products to penetrate more effectively.
When Should You Use Toner?
Incorporating a toner into your skincare routine can help to minimise dry skin. Here are the steps to follow:
- After cleansing your face (we recommend using Cleanse Me for this job), pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Apply toner. If using Stay Clear Hydrating Toner, you can simply spray the mist directly onto your face from the bottle or if you prefer, apply with a cotton pad.
- Be gentle when applying and do not rub your skin, also avoid application to the eye area.
- Allow the toner to absorb into your skin for a few seconds.
- Apply a moisturiser suitable for dry skin, we recommend Day Dew or Derma Boost.
Whether your toner will have the desired effect or not depends on selecting the right one to suit your skin. Some toners contain harsh chemicals or fragrances that will irritate your skin and dry it out even more. So, it is important that you choose a toner that is hydrating and contains healthy, natural ingredients that will boost your skin.
Stay Clear Hydrating Toner is the perfect solution. Full of powerful natural ingredients, it promotes gentle exfoliation, unclogs pores, removes excess oils, helps to maintain the correct water balance in your skin, and controls acne-causing bacteria.
Affordable and effective, Stay Clear is suitable for all skin types, including those who experience dry skin or breakouts.
Skincare Won’t Do It All!
While adding a toner to your skincare routine can do wonders for dry skin, it is not the total solution. You also need to be mindful of your habits and what you are putting into your body to fully combat the perils of dry skin.
Be mindful of:
Hydrating from within: Drinking plenty of water keeps your entire body hydrated and will make a noticeable difference in the condition of your skin. Avoid drinking too many diuretics like alcohol and caffeine, along with processed or sugary foods as these can all impact your skin health.
Shower time and temperature: Spending too long under the stream of hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it feeling dry. So, keep your showers short and have the water at a lukewarm temperature to protect your skin.
Avoid scratching: Sometimes, dry skin can feel itchy, but try not to scratch it as it can cause further damage. Keep your nails trimmed in case you subconsciously have a wee itch, and use hydrating moisturisers to counteract the dryness.
Watch for irritants: While we are often very careful about the skincare products we use, there are plenty of other products that can contain irritants that dry the skin. Be conscious when you are choosing washing powders, detergents, spray and wipes, and fragranced products as they can all be major culprits.
Choosing The Right Skincare
If you sort the good habits aspect for your dry skin, we can help with the skincare side!
Our Summer + Bloom range has been honed and perfected by a couple of Kiwi chicks who are passionate about using natural and organic ingredients to create products that do what they say they are going to do.
So, if you are looking to create good skincare habits along with those other good habits, we recommend the Easy 4 step bundle. Containing a cleanser, toner, daily moisturiser and vitamin C hydration serum, it’s the ideal bundle to keep your dry skin hydrated and glowing.
Shop for the bundle now.